It has come to my attention that people I know use different methods to clean their Gold substrates and glassware. ...Question is how do you clean yours...?
1. immerse Au in COLD and FRESH PIRAHNA (in ice bath) for 10mins
2. remove and dip in FRESH Ultra High Quality Water in a clean vial
then without letting the Au surface dry...
3.wash with copious amounts of UHQ (APPROX 50-100ML)
4.wash with copious amounts of HPLC EtOH (APPROX 50-100ML)
5. Repeat 3 and 4
6. Immerse in SAM solution
1.If visibly dirty wash vial as normal glassware then sonnicate in EtOH for half hr
2. Immerse glassware in Piranha solution for 1hr
3. Remove and wash with copiuos amounts of UHQ water (x4) to remove acid
4.Sonnicate in UHQ for 30min
5. Wrap in tin foil and dry in oven for 1hr untill dry
6. take out oven, cool in foil then immerse in HPLC EtOH and sonnicate for 30min
7. Wrap in tin foil put in oven and use within a week
you can see my papers. I writ this:
1) ‘Determination of dopamine in the presence of high concentration of ascorbic acid using gold cysteamine self-assembled monolayers as a nanosensor’ R. K. Shervedani, M. Bagherzadeh, S. A. Mozaffari, Sensor and Actuators B,115, 2006, 614-621. Top 25 Hottest Articles (Chemistry, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical April - June 2006). Cited in Scopus (48)
2) ‘Functionalization of gold cysteamine self-assembled monolayer with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid as a novel nanosensor’ R. K. Shervedani, A. Farahbakhsh, M. Bagherzadeh, Analytica Chimica Acta, 587, 2007, 254-262. Cited in Scopus (17)
3) ‘Electrochemical Characterization of In Situ Functionalized Gold Cysteamine Self-Assembled Monolayer with 4-Formylphenylboronic Acid for Detection of Dopamine’ R. K. Shervedani, M. Bagherzadeh, Electroanalysis, 20, 2008, 550 – 557. Cited in Scopus (7)
4) ‘Hydroxamation of gold surface via in-situ layer-by-layer functionalization of cysteamine self-assembled monolayer: Preparation and electrochemical characterization’ R. K. Shervedani, M. Bagherzadeh, Electrochimica acta, 53, 2008, 6293–6303. Cited in Scopus (7)
5) ‘Electrocatalytic determination of hydroquinone based on complexed Mn+ with gold-5-amino-2-mercaptobenzimidazole self-assembled monolayer electrode’ R. K. Shervedani1, F. Yaghoobi, M. Bagherzadeh, Journal of Iranian Chemical Society, 6, 2009, 104-112.
6) ‘Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy as a Transduction Method for Electrochemical Recognition of Zirconium on Gold Electrode Modified with Hydroxamated Self Assembled Monolayer’ R. K. Shervedani, M. Bagherzadeh, Sensor and Actuators B, 139, 2009, 657-664.
7) ‘One-Impedance for One-Concentration Impedimetry as an Electrochemical Method for Determination of the Trace Zirconium Ion’ R. K. Shervedani, M. Bagherzadeh, H. Sabzyan, R. Safari J. Electroanal. Chem. 633, 2009, 259-263.
8) ‘Electrochemical characterization of gold 6 Amino 2 mercaptobenzothiazole self assembled monolayer and its application for dopamine detection in pharmaceutical samples’ R. K. Shervedani, S.M. Siadat-Barzoki, M. Bagherzadeh, Electroanalysis, 2009, Accepted.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com