Replies

• Hi sir….actually I have worked on biosynthesis of metallic nanoparticles using microbes and plants too….they are awesome w.r.t. the rate, amount and their nature of formation….js follow this as it is best over others..
  • but by microwave irradiation?I am interessed for silver nanoparticle synthesis from this method, especially for elucidation the nucleation and Ostwald rippening.
    • Yes. I am also working with microwave irradiation using homemade oven. Because of its focused heating and different heat radiation it is very useful for synthesis of non-metalic nanomaterials (high dielectric and high microwave suscebtibility material). But i don't have any idea on silver nanostructures because it is highly conductive. Best wishes to u...
  • I think i can give little supports to you. there are several synthesis methods are available to produce nanoparticles. Before 1950s people are believing and working with bulk materials like large sized particles. After 1950's richards talk, people come to know that particle with smaller size can give and show excellent properties than bulk or large sized materials. After that researchers try to make smaller particles in various methods. initially all are trying to get smaller particles from the large sized materials like ball milling, grinding and recently thermal evaporation, laser evaporation, sputtering, etc. these methods are called top down approaches to synthesizing nanoparticles also they are physical methods.

But we can also synthesis another one way is through chemical methods and that is called bottom up. to manipulate, control the nucleation and growth by varying the reaction parameters as precursor concentrations, temperature, pressure. this is another way to produce nanoparticles like chemical precipitaion, sol-gel, hydrothermal etc.   

Hope u can get some ideas...thank u..

This reply was deleted.