Surface area to volume ratio..?

Hello friends....i have two doubts on SA/V ratio

1) Whether the S.A/V ratio depends only on size & shape.....or else on its orientation or inclined position also?

2)Whether the S.A/V ratio is same for both cube and sphere?

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi mam....

i have gone through the equations 6.3, 6.4, and 6.5 and also figure 6.18.....

I have a small doubt ..with what respective they have drawn the graph.....like for Sphere and Cylinder the expressions are in radius R and for cube it is side length L....so is it necessary to make relation between them while comparing all three right.....

so do we need to make volume constant or size constant in the case

sandeep said:

Thank you for advising me..i will go through the material....

LaVerne L Poussaint said:

nanomaterials-nanotechnologies-and-design-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects.jpg

Nanomaterials, Nanotechnologies, and Design: An Introduction for En...

Sandeep,

Refer to Chapters 6.1 and 6.2 of the publication above (beginning on page 177; specifically figure 6.18, .19, .. and equations on page 186) for given nanostructure formulae of various nanomaterial classes (discrete, surface, bulk), shape:size effects, their dimensionality, radii of spheres, cylinders, etc..., surface curvature, strain confinement, and quantum effects. Click on title line; I have supplied the link.

As to orientation|inclination, Mathematica/WolframAlpha should enable you to create a simulation WolframAlpha.com Wolfram/Mathematica (Sample: Simulate thousands of particles in rea...

Hello friends....i have two doubts on SA/V ratio   1) Whether the S.A/V ratio depends only on size & shape.....or else on its orientation or inclined…
  • Hi mam....

i have gone through the equations 6.3, 6.4, and 6.5 and also figure 6.18.....

I have a small doubt ..with what respective they have drawn the graph.....like for Sphere and Cylinder the expressions are in radius R and for cube it is side length L....so is it necessary to make relation between them while comparing all three right.....

sandeep said:

Thank you for advising me..i will go through the material....

nanomaterials-nanotechnologies-and-design-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects.jpg

Sandeep,

Refer to Chapters 6.1 and 6.2 of the publication above (beginning on page 177; specifically figure 6.18, .19, .. and equations on page 186) for given nanostructure formulae of various nanomaterial classes (discrete, surface, bulk), shape:size effects, their dimensionality, radii of spheres, cylinders, etc..., surface curvature, strain confinement, and quantum effects. Click on title line; I have supplied the link.

As to orientation|inclination, Mathematica/WolframAlpha should enable you to create a simulation WolframAlpha.com Wolfram/Mathematica (Sample: Simulate thousands of particles in rea...

Hello friends....i have two doubts on SA/V ratio   1) Whether the S.A/V ratio depends only on size & shape.....or else on its orientation or inclined…
  • Thank you for advising me..i will go through the material....

Sandeep,

• Thank you for replying me....But while we calculating mathematically, do we need to calculate by keeping constant volume or constant size.....

Jyoti Mayekar said:

• SA/V of cube=6/a..:a is the side of cube

and sphere is 3/r...where r is the radius of sphere....

But if we think logically we can write "a=2r" as sphere fits into cube and then calculate both are same...

Apoorva Mahendra Ranjekar said:

YesS.A./V ratio only depends on the size and shape so the S.A./V ratio for sphere and cube is different.

• nanomaterials-nanotechnologies-and-design-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects-an-introduction-for-engineers-and-architects.jpg

Sandeep,

• YesS.A./V ratio only depends on the size and shape so the S.A./V ratio for sphere and cube is different.

This reply was deleted.