Problems with dispersing nanoparticles

Help with dispersing particles

Attached is a link with adivice on how to imporve results when using a sonicator to disperse and deagglomerate nanoparticles.  I used it during a recent presentation and the customers thought it was very helpful.

Most people do not know that the shape and size of the beaker or vessel as well as the depth of the tip are very important details to address during sonication.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found this article very helpful although i tried it after colloid mill (which is currently making sounds worse than the 1000w probe) i unfortunately had better success with the colloid mill. I would love for my expiriments to be a fraction of the time! But its led me on a day full of researching surfactants.
    • http://www.hielscher.com/ultrasonics/i1000_p.htm used with the flow cell recirculating 1 liter of a 40% aqueous sol at 100mL/ min ran a 10 minute test at 50% power and a 5 minute test at 100% particle sizes were not significantly affected although DLS shows some increase in size. The head is 1.5 inches diameter. The article doesn't touch much on the affect of pressures, I've been split between projects and haven't gotten the chance to play with that and found little in researching.
      • Email me at marc@sonicator.com with your contact info.  I'd rather not be critical of a competitor's design on a public blog. I'd be happy to give you some advice on how to optimize their unit.

I see that you are in the boston area.  Our company is in CT. 

• Please tell me what type of sonicator you are using, the probe size and the sample volume.  I'll try to help. 

This reply was deleted.