Everybody is welcome to share your stories which can help the young generation of nanotech researchers. Advice, tips, where to start...

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Proud of you Tejasvi..keep rocking....
    Tejasvi Parupudi said:

I am unsure about PostDoc position but I can tell you about PhD position. I was admitted to the graduate program in ECE department at Purdue University after completing my Masters. In order to choose a good Professor to work with, I narrowed my interest to biomedical microdevices in the MEMS and Nanotechnology area. I then narrowed down Professors working in ECE in this area. Then I registered for courses they offered and interacted with them throughout the course. I also secured an A grade in those courses.

Ut was important for me to experience the research done in their labs first hand, so I volunteered to work on existing projects in their labs (without pay) and then figured out if I had the acumen for each individual professor's research. Finally I chose the lab with a good fit for my goals.

I am now a 2nd year PhD student in ECE department working at Birck Nanotechnology Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA and my area of work involves Nanomanufacturing of Biosensors and Actuators for Biomedical Applications. I enjoy working in ZBML. 

I sincerely hope all passionate seekers find a good research lab to be a part of. 

All the best. 

How to find a good PhD or Postdoc position in Nanotechnology?
    Everybody is welcome to share your stories which can help the young generation of nanotech researchers. Advice, tips, where to start...
  • I am unsure about PostDoc position but I can tell you about PhD position. I was admitted to the graduate program in ECE department at Purdue University after completing my Masters. In order to choose a good Professor to work with, I narrowed my interest to biomedical microdevices in the MEMS and Nanotechnology area. I then narrowed down Professors working in ECE in this area. Then I registered for courses they offered and interacted with them throughout the course. I also secured an A grade in those courses.

Ut was important for me to experience the research done in their labs first hand, so I volunteered to work on existing projects in their labs (without pay) and then figured out if I had the acumen for each individual professor's research. Finally I chose the lab with a good fit for my goals.

I am now a 2nd year PhD student in ECE department working at Birck Nanotechnology Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA and my area of work involves Nanomanufacturing of Biosensors and Actuators for Biomedical Applications. I enjoy working in ZBML. 

I sincerely hope all passionate seekers find a good research lab to be a part of. 

All the best. 

• Just google properly
This reply was deleted.