Replies

• Dear Sir,

May I know,what is the best method to filter the concentrated acids modified CNTs.Please can you specify the filter papers with pore size or any ceramic disc...??

Thank you..!

Anup

• Dear Dr Mohamed

My research field is molecular spectroscopy which is applied in characterization of CNT and for inspecting the extent of efficiency in this process.

It would be nice if I know more of your aims and may be able to define some ideas

• Oxidation of carbon nanotubes used to change CNTs from hydrophobic (does not suspended in water) to hydrophilic (could be suspended in water) through the introduction of carboxylic, phenolic and lactonic groups. The oxidized MWCNTs were able to suspend in water; with high stability, for a long time. Titration of the oxidized MWCNTs revealed the presence of considerable amounts of the acidic functional groups that likely enhance the suspension of the MWCNTs. IR measurements showed the presence of carboxylic acid function groups especially for the MWCNTs oxidized with nitric acid and hydrogen peroxide. The oxidation of MWCNTs with KMnO4 might lead to the destruction of the MWCNTs as it was proved by different characterization techniques. The texture analysis (specific surface area and pore size distribution) showed that oxidation of the MWCNTs led to a decrease in the specific surface area and as a result of introducing a new function groups at the MWCNTs surface which led to the collapse of the total pore volume.

Investigation of the adsorption of PCP from aqueous solution by the pristine and oxidized MWCNTs and evaluation of the kinetic and thermodynamic parameters of adsorption, i.e.: the free energy, enthalpy and entropy of adsorption have been investigated.
    Further modification and characterization of MWCNTs using different functional groups; MWCNTs-octadecylamine (MWCNTS-ODA) and MWCNTs-polyethylene glycol (MWCNTs-PEG) and characterization of the modified MWCNTs have been achieved.

Oxidized CNTs.bmp

• May you give me more information about your work?. i am interested to incorporate the carbon nanotube in biomaterials for enriching their mechanical capability. so i need some suggestion regarding this.
  • May you give me more information about your work?
  • Helo Dr.Mohammed
    What kind of modification your basically doing on MWCNTs .
This reply was deleted.