The EMRS 2013 Fall Meeting.
The conference will consist of 14 thematic symposia, plenary session and satellite events.
We cordially invite you to participate in Symposium J "Smart and responsive materials for engineering of connective tissues"
Tissue engineering (TE) is a prominent tool in regenerative medicine. Tissue engineering apply biological, chemical, and engineering principles toward the repair, restoration, or regeneration of living tissue by using biomaterials, cells, and factors alone or in combination Future advances in TE will depend on the evelopment of “smart” and responsible biomaterials that actively communicate with cells and participate in the formation of functional tissues.
Hot topics to be covered by the symposium:
Biomaterials for tissue engineering
Polymeric and composite scaffolds
Natural Derived Extracellular Matrix
3D scaffolds fabrications
Growth factors delivering biomaterials
Characterization methods used in evaluation of the scaffolds
Numerical methods used in scaffolds design and evaluation
Tentative list of invited speakers:
• S. Badylak, University of Pittsburgh, USA
• C. Blitterswijk, University of Twente, The Netherlands
• J. De Bruijn, Queen Mary (London), UK
• D. Hutmacher, Queensland University of Technology,Australia
• C. J. Kirkpatrick, University of Mainz, Germany
• I. Martin , University of Basel, Switzerland
• Y. Nagasaki, University of Tsukuba, Japan
• S. Ramakrishna, National University of Singapore, Singapore
• K. M Sha kesheff, University of Nottingham, UK
• S. H. Teoh, National University of Singapore, Singapore
For more information, please see:
Deadline for abstract submission: June 21, 2013.