Time: June 13, 2011 to June 17, 2011
Location: Technology Centre Innopoli 1
City/Town: Helsinki, Finland
Website or Map: http://www.eicoon.eu/
Event Type: workshop, and, summer, school
Organized By: VTT Advanced Materials as partner of EICOON
Latest Activity: May 3, 2011
Nanomaterial Issues in Electrochemical Energy Conversion:
Fuel Cells, Batteries, Supercapacitors
Helsinki, 13-17 June 2011
Research in nanomaterials is expected to provide critical contributions to the advancement in electrochemical energy technologies and to address the important issue of sustainability. Progress in these cross-disciplinary areas can be best achieved through coordinated and cooperative actions. This event provided a unique opportunity for those involved in research (including funding and policy) in Europe and India to identify synergies and mutual needs to push forward progress and provide benefits for both regions.
• To assess industrial needs for advancement in electrochemical energy conversion devices
• To review latest developments in nano science and technology in order to improve the performance and durability of these electrochemical devices
• To encourage exchange of ideas and strengthen relationships between leading researchers
• To discuss possibilities for joint research projects, training actions and identify other research needs
Audience: Senior scientists, industry leaders, representatives from funding agencies, policy makers and other stake holders.
• To educate interested students and to train young researchers and engineers
• Polymer electrolyte membrane, direct alcohol and solid oxide fuel cells
• Lithium batteries
• Electrochemical double layer capacitors
Audience: PhD students and young scientists.
Registrants pay only for travelling and accommondation. Otherwise the events are free of charge.